Patients must be a legal resident of New York State with proof of residency i.e. state identification card, driver’s license and must be at least the age of 18.
Patients must have a documented medical record of diagnosis and course of treatment for a serious condition for eligibility for medical cannabis.
The medical visit requested for your certification depends upon your medical condition and will include:
- A review of your medical record or documents.
- A comprehensive Physical Examination.
- A completion of the certification with NYS department of Health.
If accepted, you will receive a copy of the signed certification and a prescription for the Medical Marijuana and the instructions to get your ID card from the department of health online.
You will have to present the certification, your ID Card and the prescription to the dispensary in order to get the medication. The prescription is valid for 6 months.
- There is no need to change your Primary Care Physician or any one of your Specialist Physicians.
Fees: Initial appointment: $250. Only cash/credit cards are accepted. ( No checks/Banks do not accept any transaction regarding marijuana) Fee for refill medical visit: $150, every 6 months.
According to the Compassionate Care Act, New York State’s medical marijuana law (S7923/A6357-E), a qualifying “serious condition” is defined as “having one of the following severe debilitating or life-threatening conditions”:
Active or Recurrent Cancer
Positive status for HIV or AIDS
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Lou Gehrig’s disease
Damage to the nerve tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity
Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis
Various neuropathic disorders: peripheral, diabetic, cranial (optic, auditory), autonomic, small fiber neuropathy (SFN) often associated with fibromyalgia & focal neuropathy
AND diagnosed with any of the following symptoms where it is clinically associated with a complication or its treatment: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, severe or persistent muscle spasms or such conditions as added by the Commissioner.
The NY Dept of Health requires a bona fide relationship between the patient and certifying physician before the physician can recommend a patient for the use of medical cannabis to ensure a safe therapeutic approach. The establishment of this relationship will be based on the severity of symptoms for each qualifying condition.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a legal New York resident with valid proof of residency i.e. driver’s license, state identification card.
- Must have a qualifying medical condition approved by the NY State Medical Marijuana Program. (see above or call us first)
- If you have difficulty in obtaining your records, please complete medical records release and send it to the doctor who has your records.
- Confirm that we have received medical records, or bring them to your appointment.